Subject: Re: something to play with
To: Adam Glass <adamg@microsoft.com>
From: Marc Evans - Contract Software Hacker <marc@Synergytics.Com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/21/1994 17:59:30
> ah...missing thing in the instructions
>
> if you are trying this under ultrix,
>
> mkdir /sbin
> ln -s /sbin/init /bin/init
>
> don't try to build our init using ultrix header files...it just won't be
happy.

Thanks for the pointer. I'll give it a whirl.

FYI... I have got the init.o, libutil.a and libcrypt.a built fairly easily.
Getting libc built so that I can do the ld phase of building init is where the
work appears to be... The trick appears to be to invoke bmake as:

	bmake 'CC=gcc -I../../include -I../../sys -I../../sys/sys -I../.."

This presumes that a symlink was created with:

	cd src && ln -s sys/arch/pmax/include machine

Of course, there are a bunch of changes required to libc/sys/Makefile.inc to
deal with the Ultrix sh (actually sh5) too...

- Marc
Marc Evans, Software Consultant       WB1GRH      Synergytics
E-Mail: Marc@Synergytics.Com                      21 Hinds Lane, Suite 23L
PGP-2.6 key available upon request                +1 603 635 3857 (voice/fax)
MIME-1.0 & Enriched-Text mail accepted            Unix & X11 internals/apps