Subject: some success
To: None <port-pmax@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Adam Glass <glass@soda.berkeley.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/04/1994 17:50:36
Using my new ultrix compat code, and after fixing some integration
bugs and one apparent bug in the 'dc' driver i have been able to get
the pmax port to boot and display a shell prompt.  I'm also able to
run some programs from the prompt w/varied levels of success.

There is still more ultrix compat work to be done, and some other
problems to solve.  But this generally a very good sign as it suggests
the port can enter a larger stage of trial.  I'll integrate these
diffs in the next day or so w/ the tree on lamp.  I'll also be mailing
to this list a 'sup' file and some minimal directions on how to
compile it all.  I'll also some bootstrapping binaries (i.e berkeley
make and config) and maybe a TODO list.

Any this is my intent...I'm off to usenix in a few days so i'll be
out-of-commission for a while.  This is a good time for you to play
with the stuff.  It may alsoi mean that i'll fail to deliver on some of the promises above.

Anyway, expect more mail from me in the next few days.

later,
Adam Glass

ps. and many thanks to ralph and rick w/o whom this would not have
been possible.