Subject: Re: code committed; still no binaries
To: Adam Glass <adamg@microsoft.com>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@ncd.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 06/03/1994 18:04:26
I grabbed a copy of NetBSD on the first (actually, I'm doing continuous
updates), and after some effort I was able to compile it and run it with
the 4.4BSD a.out tools that Ralph Campbell put together.   Somewhat
unexpectedly (since I have a working 4.4BSD system), I find myself in
the same boat as Adam - it panics because it can't find init.

I am guessing that the problem has to do with the quad filesystem in
4.4BSD.   My root filesystem is such a filesystem, and it looks like
NetBSD isn't handling this yet.   Am I guessing correctly, or does NetBSD
in fact support quad filesystems?

				_MelloN_