Subject: Re: whats new??
To: Terry R. Friedrichsen <terry@venus.sunquest.com>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@ncd.com>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/03/1994 15:15:26
> Gosh, all this high-powered expertise and lowly me pretending I can hack
> Unix kernels ...

You can hack unix kernels if you can make changes to them, the changes
work and don't break other things, and other people are willing to use
your changes.   It sounds to me like you've already found that you
qualify!

> Theo and I both came to the conclusion that, rather than hacking any further,
> the thing to do was wait for the 4.4 code.

This seems like a reasonable conclusion.

> But if there's really going to be something ready by USENIX time,
> wow!

Well, if we can get a 4.4BSD-lite distribution in the not too distant
future, it's conceivable that we could merge NetBSD stuff into it and
have something working by Usenix, although I wouldn't want to take
odds on it.   It's certainly a worthwhile goal to set, anyway.

			       _MelloN_