Subject: Re: whats new??
To: Ralph Campbell <ralphc@pyramid.com>
From: Adam Glass <glass@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
List: port-pmax
Date: 05/02/1994 17:31:19
> I just signed up for port-pmax and thought I'ld try testing the mailing list.
> I'm curious to know how things are going with netbsd in regards to the
> DECstation. Last time I heard anything was Oct. '93. Now that 4.4-Lite
> is out, I'm wondering what the status is for merging 4.4-Lite, future plans,
> directions, etc. Also, since 4.4 is done, I would like to continue working
> with others d (as my limited lime allows). Thanks.
>
>       -m-------  Ralph Campbell				ralphc@pyramid.com

Yes.  things did get quiet there.  The person working on the dec stuff
got stuck on some differences between the net-2 pmap interface and the
4.4 stuff..

However, we've recently restarted our pmax efforts.  I borrowed a
decstation from a generous soul on the net, and as soon as I get a
serial console up (and the in-laws leave town) things should get
cracking anew.  Conviniently over the next few weeks, the 4.4 vm stuff
(among other thigns) will be merged in.

Anyway, the plan is to have a working snapshot ready for usenix or
soon after.  Any help is appreciated....

later,
Adam Glass