Port-playstation2 archive

Re: Kernel progress

Just a quick update/random notes on my progress :

Studying PCSX2's source code, I found that it's currently unable to
cope with TLB mappings in the kseg2 segment (0xC0000000-0xFFFFFFFF),
so that rules out the emulator for OS development for now (much sooner
than I hoped to). Also, that source code is a bit too arcane for me to
make the fix.

On the real hardware, NetBSD freezes because of a lack of entropy to
initialize the kernel's strong PRNG. Stubbing it out made it go beyond
autoconf and then panic() for some reason, but I'll need to have
interrupts working to fix this properly.

I got DDB compiling and linking, but I almost killed my PlayStation 2
while trying to connect a wire to the RDX via on the motherboard. So I
couldn't test my UART's reception code because of it, and also see if
DDB actually works. I'm not sure if I'll test my luck again on this,
as I'm not sure how much more abuse my console can take at this
point...

Speaking of the UART, the scare documentation available online on it
doesn't quite cover its interruption capability (only hints at best).