Port-playstation2 archive

Re: Boot netbsd on playstation2 with modchip

On 18-Dec-06, at 10:11 AM, der Mouse wrote:

Would it be hard to do [a VGA] adapter by your self?
One of the limitations of the Linux kit VGA cable is that it does not
work for playing games.  I'm not sure if this limitation is
artificial or not.

It's artificial in some sense.  My scan doubler is driven off the TV
signal coming out the RCA plug from the Sony audio+video cable that
came with my PS2, and it works just fine for playing games. So there's
certainly no reason it can't be done.

Yes, but in this case the system is still outputting 480i. With the PS2 Linux kit VGA adapter I can easily do 1280x1024.

Cheers,
Jared