Port-playstation2 archive

Re: NetBSD/playstation2 -current binary snapshot

PINELLI Thierry SGAP Marseille <thierry.pinelli%interieur.gouv.fr@localhost>
writes:

> On 19 Jan 2004 at 12:17, Jorge Ramon Acereda  Maciá wrote:
>
> > WARNING: This is entirely unofficial and highly experimental. I
> > haven't done any checking on it, don't blame me if your HD explodes
> > and blah blah...
>
> No HD on my PS2 :)

Hmmm... Do you want a kernel with nfsroot?

> > If anyone decides to try it, I'll appreciate any feedback with
> > positive/negative experiencies.
>
> I don't find the INSTALL-HOWTO ?
> Just kernel and binary sets

Yup. The installation method is the same as in the official
release. I think the best way is to make an ext2fs partition from
ps2linux and boot there. Later, you can switch to FFS. Perhaps the
nfsroot is less messy.

BTW, I accidentally uploaded a kernel with Dvorak layout, I'll upload
a QWERTY one this week.