Subject: Small status update.
To: None <port-pdp10@netbsd.org>
From: Anders Magnusson <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
List: port-pdp10
Date: 09/19/2002 23:01:59
Ok, I feel that it is time for a small update again.

The main new thing that has been done is that gcc has been taught to
produce a somewhat more "unix-stylish" assembler output, and also do
some conversions in the compiler that are not done in the Tops-20 case.

I have started to try to understand how the FFS filesystem should work
without having to change large parts of the existing NetBSD code, and
I think that it can be done with only some small changes. When I have
decided how it shall be then I'll create a filesystem and try to run
some binaries also. I don't think it's too hard to get the bourne shell
prompt, the main problem is (as always) that I don't have enough spare
to put in this project.

And, for amusement, I repost the dmesg output. Have fun.

-- Ragge

Copyright (c) 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
    The NetBSD Foundation, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
    The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.

total memory = 16382 KB
avail memory = 12900 KB
using 460 buffers containing 920 KB of memory

cpu: KL10-E, serial number 01, microcode version 0442
cpu options: 660442350001<T20PAG"EXADDR!EXOTIC,CACHE,EXTCPU>
mainbus0 (root)
ebus0 at mainbus0
rh0 at ebus0 csr 540: RH20
hp0 at rh0 drive 1: no disk label: rp06, size = 304000 sectors
rn_init: radix functions require max_keylen be set
boot device: <unknown>
root device: hp0
dump device (default hp0b):
file system (default generic):