Port-pc532 archive

Re: Netbsd & PC532 ... moving in small steps

Simon Burge schrieb:
> Jon Buller wrote:
>
>> Finally, I should have copied this to the port-pc532 mailing list, as I
>> am sure
>> there are more people who might be able to help and would at least be
>> interested
>> in seeing the progress of your work.  (Simon or Julian, are you there? :)
>
> Nothing to add to Matthias' reply, except a hearty "well done" if indeed
> you are building a pc532 in an FPGA.

Except, that maybe I wasn't clear enough. If the kernel isn't probing
your uarts, you will get no output after autoconfiguration is done
because userland has no access to the polled I/O console routines the
kernel is using. When init is opening /dev/tty00 (or /dev/console) it
will just get an ENXIO...

Matthias

PS: And of course I'm very interested in your project :-)
--
Matthias Pfaller                          Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH  Tel   +49 8131 5161 41