Subject: Re: which connector for SCSI?
To: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 01/23/2005 11:35:07
Hi Chuck,

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 08:53:36AM -0800, Chuck Silvers wrote:

> I borrowed jason's pc532 so that I could work on fixing the cf_unit abuse
> in several machine-specific drivers, and now I want to hook up a disk.

For a userland, it's probably easiest to start with the 1.5.3 release.
-current source can build most programs with a couple of provisos:

  - Pthreads don't build.
  - A handful of programs trip over gcc errors.
  - Lint isn't happy in places.  Sprinkle -k or MKLINT=no
  - Only static linking works.

I think the only programs you really need to use a -current kernel are
fsck_ffs and sysctl.  Maybe vmstat too if you want to use that.

Let me know if you have any hassles.

> [ scsi question has already been answered here ]

Cheers,
Simon.
--
Simon Burge                                   <simonb@wasabisystems.com>