Subject: Re: cannot mount a CD on 1.5.3- solved, and a question
To: list NetBSD port-pc532 <port-pc532@netbsd.org>
From: Eyal Lebedinsky <eyal@eyal.emu.id.au>
List: port-pc532
Date: 12/28/2002 11:38:05
Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:

> I connected a CD-ROM to my pc532 (TOSHIBA XM-3501TA) and it seems to
> be picked up at boot time (see boot messages below).
>
> Yet, when I try to mount it I always get a failure:

I was busy climbing the NetBSD learning curve, and I finally
figured that
        - the cd9660 was not built into the kernel
                /usr/src/sys/srch/pc532/GENERIC
        - the module cannot be dynamically loaded. LKM _is_
          in the config - see erros below.

I now have a kernel with cd9660 bult-in and I can mount cds.

If anyone knows, does lkm work on the pc532? If so then it
will be a better solution in terms of memory utilization.

Here is what I get when I try to load a module, is there
another kernel feature needed for LKM to work?

[root@e1]# f=fdesc ; modload -v -A /E3 -o /var/run/${f}.o
/usr/lkm/${f}.o
modload: reserving 12288 bytes of memory
modload: can't reserve memory: Operation not permitted

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal@eyal.emu.id.au) <http://samba.org/eyal/>