Subject: Re: HEADS UP: need to rebuild vmstat on -current
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jon Buller <jon@bullers.net>
List: port-pc532
Date: 11/25/2002 11:00:01
In message <20021124032320.GA20550@thistledown.com.au>, Simon Burge writes:

>I'm still using the old toolchain and compiling natively.  I wouldn't
>say that -current is "badly broken", but I've mainly been playing with
>the kernel.  I've compiled some random userland programs, but that's
>about it - I haven't tried building a complete snapshot for example...

So I assume you have 1.5 (or so) userland + a new config and possibly
make.  I thought that would force you to pull in a bunch of libc,
and then just turn nasty, so I never bothered to try.  I may give
it a go and see what happens.

>I plan on having another look at gcc 3.x soonish; I haven't done so for
>a couple of months.

That would be good.  I think I heard Jason say he was working on
GCC 3.x so I was going to wait for that.  (I'd help, but I don't
think I could do a whole toolchain revamping project.)  I thought
about just grabing 3.x and seeing if that would compile and drop
in, but I don't have the disk space to try right now.

Good luck, let us know how it goes, and if you have some small odd
jobs to go with it all, I might be able to help a little.  Although
I need to put a bigger disk on that little machine...

Jon