Subject: Re: HEADS UP: need to rebuild vmstat on -current
To: Jon Buller <jon@bullers.net>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 11/24/2002 14:23:20
Hi Jon,

On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 04:28:21AM -0800, Jon Buller wrote:
> In message <20021122133248.GA23177@thistledown.com.au>, Simon Burge writes:
> >So, I'm not sure how many people this will actually affect(!), but
> >I've just switched over the pc532 port to using generic event counters
> >(evcnt(9)) for tracking interrupt counts, and removed some pc532-only
> >code from vmstat(8).  This means all you -current users will need to
> >rebuild vmstat if you update your kernels.
>
> How are you compiling -current?  Using the 1.5.x tool chain, or GCC3.x?
> Isn't the stuff in -current badly broken WRT the pc532?

I'm still using the old toolchain and compiling natively.  I wouldn't
say that -current is "badly broken", but I've mainly been playing with
the kernel.  I've compiled some random userland programs, but that's
about it - I haven't tried building a complete snapshot for example...

I plan on having another look at gcc 3.x soonish; I haven't done so for
a couple of months.

Simon.
--
Simon Burge                                   <simonb@wasabisystems.com>