Subject: Re: How many pc532 still running ...
To: None <lennart@augustsson.net, tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Phil Budne <phil@ultimate.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 12/17/2001 13:12:07
Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com> wrote;

> The Cabletron model is hard to find, but it's damned trivial to find the
> ones made by Asante.  I bought one on eBay for US$7 shipped a few weeks
> back.
>
> A Japanese developer on port-mac68k [look through the archives, I'm not sure
> who anymore] once alluded to a partly-written Asante EN/SC driver, and to
> have the appropriate spec sheets, but never posted code.  Please feel free
> to poll him for the necessary info; there's a lot of surplus EN/SC units now
> floating around, and a driver would be useful.

I don't think I had any luck with my old Asante' contacts (I used to
be in the Mac Networking world, when I worked on the FastPath at
Shiva), however, it should be relatively easy to reverse engineer the
protocol if you have a SCSI analyzer, or a regular digital analyzer
with someone skilled in it's use.

-phil