Subject: Re: How many pc532 still running ...
To: Eyal Lebedinsky <eyal@eyal.emu.id.au>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: port-pc532
Date: 12/17/2001 16:47:16
On Mon, 17 Dec 2001, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:

> >      (A full working cross compile system might make this a lot
> >      easier and much less time to get things working.)
> What host system is suitable? NetBSD of course, but my main machine
> is Linux - is it easy to set up for this? Or else I can put together
> a NetBSD machine early next year when I next do the next upgrade/shift.

	Funny you should mention that...

	The reason the broken ns32k support in recent gcc is a
	problem is that NetBSD is moving to a much more recent
	toolchain, to (among other reasons) easily enable cross
	compilation of a complete NetBSD distribution for any target
	from any posix compatible system with an ANSI C compiler.
	There may be one or two remaining host tools to get compiled
	up for non NetBSD hosts, but it shouldn't be long.

	You should certainly be able to cross compile and test kernels
	from a Linux box now. I would imagine that would be enough to
	shake out a certain number (though not all :/) of the compiler
	issues...

--
		David/absolute		-- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --