Subject: Jumper settings?
To: None <port-pc532@netbsd.org>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 09/23/2001 17:29:34
Hi folks,

I went to upgrade my pc532 from 8x 1MB SIMMs to 4x 4MB SIMMs, and didn't
get any joy.  From what I could tell from the schematics, I should
jumper J1 to 1-2 connected for 4MB SIMMs (it's currently 2-3 with 1MB
SIMMs).  I tried all four combinations of J1 & J2, before giving up and
going back to 8MB total.  It may be bad RAM, or it could be just as
simple as not having the right jumpers set up...

Unfortunately, I this info isn't in the pc532 FAQ on our webpages, and
I can't find my 10-year-oldish pc532 booklet.  Is there anyone who
can send me all the jumper (and I guess SIMM) configurations (for all
jumpers, and not just the RAM setups) so I can add them to our FAQ?

Related to this, I believe it's simply a case of dropping in a 60MHz
crystal in place of the 50MHz one to run your CPU at 30MHz, and a CPU
fan is recommended.  Is this true?  I'll add some details of that to the
FAQ as well...

Thanks,
Simon.
NetBSD CDs, Support and Service:    http://www.wasabisystems.com/