Subject: Re: /usr/mdec/boot and bim.8
To: Matthias Pfaller <leo@dachau.marco.de>
From: Jon Buller <jon@bullers.net>
List: port-pc532
Date: 09/14/2001 10:18:48
Matthias Pfaller <leo@dachau.marco.de> wrote:

> Unfortunately the mozilla binary just runs in circles and never shows any
> output on my screen :-(

It's good to hear from you again Matthias.  As for Mozilla, it
takes several minutes to start up on my SPARCStation LX with 48MB
RAM, and at least 30 seconds to go from displaying one page to
another.  I am reasonably convinced that the Mozilla team does not
believe any computer exists that runs at less than 300MHz with
256MB RAM.  (It is fully useful on my 233MHz PowerMac G3, but it
still doesn't seem to instantly pop things on the screen, like I
think it should be able to.)

I once had games/abuse running on my pc532 but it took about 15
minutes per frame update over the PPP link to the LX. 8^)  I'm
not sure how much of that was the fault of using the X protocol
over a 38400 baud link, and how much was pc532 CPU speed.

Jon