Subject: Re: /usr/mdec/boot and bim.8
To: None <port-pc532@netbsd.org>
From: Eyal Lebedinsky <eyal@eyal.emu.id.au>
List: port-pc532
Date: 09/11/2001 22:03:31
Phil Nelson wrote:
> I'd really like to know how many pc532 are still running (or want to run)
> NetBSD right now.   I seem to have less and less time to try to keep
> the pc532 working.

I run it at times, it now has 1.5 Beta2 IIRC. From time to time I again
start thinking about "why can't I get better connectivity" since the
serial ppp is really slow.

I do have a SCSI CDROM spare and I wonder if we can put together an
install image. I can then download and burn it on my main machine.

How easy is this to do? Can I simply treat the CD as a stream, so that
cat load an image to memory from the start, then copy a minimal root
from a known offset to disk, then mount the disk and continue by
untarring chunks off the CD. Would be nicer in the boot image has
isofs and we do not need low level fiddling then.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal@eyal.emu.id.au) <http://samba.anu.edu.au/eyal/>