Subject: 1.5 Installation
To: None <port-pc532@netbsd.org>
From: Jon Buller <jon@bullers.net>
List: port-pc532
Date: 12/01/2000 08:00:11
Was anything changed on the install floppy image between the 1.5
Beta and the 1.5 release?  The reason I ask is that I was going
get my PC532 up and running again after it's disk crash, but I had
the same problems with the release image that I did with the beta
image.

In particular, init trys to run sysinst, but the executable should
be instbin, and last time I ran instbin, it tried to copy the
contents of the image to the hard drive and reboot, but it didn't
have a kernel to copy.  There does not appear to be a kernel on
this floppy image either.

So I guess I just want to know if anyone has any advice on how to
get this machine back up and running.  Should I try and do a 1.4
install, then upgrade it to 1.5, or is there a fix for the 1.5
stuff?  (Either to my procedures or the images.)

Thanks in advance,
Jon