Subject: autoconfig problems
To: None <port-pc532@netbsd.org>
From: Jon Buller <jonb@paclink.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 02/19/2000 08:59:38
I've been looking at the ncr driver recently, since it used to
cause panics at probe/attach time.  It turns out that the code cgd
changed and sent messages about to the effect of "code like if
(cf_unit == 0) is broken" breaks the ncr driver for that very
reason.

Through some printf's and poking around, I've discovered that the
first time ncr_match is called it is given ca_addr = -1, the SECOND
time, it's the correct address.  Can someone explain where that
first call is coming from?  I assume config builds a table at
compile time that is expanded/walked at boot time to configure
everything, but I haven't figured out the details of how this is done...

Any hint's or places to read up on this?  (I tried the BSD4.4 book,
but it was rather vague on the details.)

Jon