Subject: Re: Active, inactive, and non-users...
To: <>
From: Eyal Lebedinsky <eyal@eyal.emu.id.au>
List: port-pc532
Date: 12/24/1999 20:34:57
Jon Buller wrote:
> How many people still have their pc532's?  How many still use them?
> Regularly?  Is it worth the effort of building and maintaining
> future NetBSD/pc532 releases?  For how long?

I can understand why at some point the maintainers will find it not
worth the effort if they do not get pleasure from the exercise alone.

However it will be worth it to take the last supported version and
try keep it working by just applying fixes. Since the pc532 is unlikely
to get new devices attached to it, there is no real reason to follow
the usual progress (USB, newer scsi, firewire and what not).

A working bsd on the pc532 will be just as usfull in 10 years. Hey,
I actually did reboot minix/pc532 a few times since I deomissioned
it (it is small enough to keep an active partition around).

Then again, new owners may still find it fun.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky		(eyal@eyal.emu.id.au)