Subject: Re: Active, inactive, and non-users...
To: Jon Buller <jonb@paclink.com>
From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@dachau.marco.de>
List: port-pc532
Date: 12/13/1999 09:03:49
Jon Buller wrote:
> Phil Nelson recently posed a question that got me wondering along
> the lines that follow.  (I'm not sure he meant it this way, but I
> think it would be good to know anyway.)
>=20
> How many people still have their pc532's?  How many still use them?
> Regularly?

I'm turning on my pc532 every couple of weeks to build a new -current
kernel, or to rebuild userland. But I'm no longer really using it.
That's mostly because my shark is so much less noisy (and so much faster :-=
).

> Is it worth the effort of building and maintaining
> future NetBSD/pc532 releases?  For how long?

I can't comment on that one, because I never run anything but -current
on my pc532.

Regards, Matthias
--=20
Matthias Pfaller                            Software Entwicklung
marco Systemanalyse und Entwicklung GmbH    Tel   +49 8131 5161-41
Hans-B=F6ckler-Str. 2, D 85221 Dachau         Fax   +49 8131 5161-66
http://www.marco.de/                        Email leo@marco.de