Subject: [OFF TOPIC] Anyone has minix 1.5 distro?
To: list NetBSD port-pc532 <port-pc532@netbsd.org>
From: Eyal Lebedinsky <eyal@eyal.emu.id.au>
List: port-pc532
Date: 01/13/1999 23:17:31
I figure most of us started with minix/pc532 and may
still have the original install fs.

Now, don't laugh. I do turn my pc532 on from time to time.
I do run NetBSD on it now. However, I always had that good
old minix stuff on the disk. However, I just managed to
blow it away.

I have backups, however these are tars of the system. To start
afresh I need the install fs. Alternatively, can I use my
Linux/Intel to create the minix fs? is it compatible?

Can anyone provide a basic file system (minix 1.5) that
I can put on my disk to bootstrap the recovery?

If I got it correctly, to start I need a boot image (I have
these on backup), I need an "emergency root" (I don't have
this) and I need the backups to restore (got it).

I think that back then I had the full 1.5 fs ftp'd by
someone, and from there on I just kept moving it around
using one working file-system to build the next.

More to the group's topic, is there any plan to have
NetBSD 1.3.3 binaries on the distro? 1.3.2 had a /pc532
directory, but it was always unreadable (why?).

Thanks.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky		(eyal@eyal.emu.id.au)