Subject: Re: problems compiling the ssh package
To: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
From: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 11/24/1998 14:19:44
Phil Nelson writes:

> >     #define count_trailing_zeros(count,x) \
> >       do {
> >         __asm__ ("ffsd      %2,%0"                                      \
> >                  : "=r" ((USItype) (count))                             \
> >                  : "0" ((USItype) 0),                                   \
> >                    "r" ((USItype) (x)));                                \
> >       } while (0)
>
> No asm problem here.  Just add a \ after "do {".  I thought I sent that fix
> to the maintainer of gmp, but it hasn't made it into the distribution.  I'll
> file a PR for this against pkgsrc so it will at least build correctly if
> using the package system.

Doh!  I saw the error message saying error at ":", and saw that buried in
the asm, and thought it looks right, but I've never been able to eyeball
those things...  Should have looked for the more obvious things, like
the traditional bad error messages from compilers, and stupid things like
forgetting to put that close quote on a string, etc.

Thanks Phil.  I may get that developer account yet, core wanted ssh keys,
and I've always wanted to play with ssh, but never had the reason too...

Jon