Subject: Re: SCSI to Ethernet
To: None <port-pc532@NetBSD.ORG, seifert@sequent.com>
From: Phil Budne <budd@cs.bu.edu>
List: port-pc532
Date: 10/10/1997 21:31:49
	Date: Fri, 10 Oct 97 13:47:00 PDT
	From: David Seifert <seifert@sequent.com>

	The Asante' EN/SC box is about 4" x 9" x 1" with AUI, BNC, and
	rj45, 2 of the Apple style DB-25 SCSI connectors, a power
	connector, a rotary switch for setting SCSI-ID, a slide switch
	for TN vs. TP/AUI, and three LEDs: power, traffic, and LI
	(link?).

	I don't know what sort of power it wants. (12 VDC?)
	I don't know what its command set is.

I while back I worked some old contacts, and I got the name of
someone at Asante' but they never returned my e-mail query.

I've poked a little at the EN/SC driver with ResEdit, but there
were too many SCSI Manager calls to try to make sense of.  The best
way to reverse engineer it may be to hook it up to a Mac and snoop
the SCSI bus with a digital analyser!!

-p