Subject: SCSI to Ethernet
To: None <port-pc532@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Seifert <seifert@sequent.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 10/10/1997 13:47:00
> Has anyone looked into the Asante' "Slotless Macintosh Ethernet
> Controllers" line?  They've got a couple of different parts, one of
> which plugs directly into a Mac DB-25 SCSI connector.  It seems that
> I've seen these for about $80US.  One would hope that the command set
> for these things wouldn't be too different from the EA41x's, but you
> never can tell.

The Asante' EN/SC box is about 4" x 9" x 1" with AUI, BNC, and
rj45, 2 of the Apple style DB-25 SCSI connectors, a power
connector, a rotary switch for setting SCSI-ID, a slide switch
for TN vs. TP/AUI, and three LEDs: power, traffic, and LI (link?).

I don't know what sort of power it wants. (12 VDC?)
I don't know what its command set is.

-Dave