Subject: Re: Cabletron EA412/4's available.
To: Mark Mason <mason@dragonfly.rain.com>
From: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 09/25/1997 21:35:19
Mark Mason <mason@dragonfly.rain.com> writes:

> Just got off the phone with Cabletron.  They have 3 EA412's and 4
> EA414's in stock at $150 apiece.  The sales guy I bought mine from is
> Tony Santiago @ 1-603-337-2108.

Ok, now which is which...?  EA419's are 10bT only, I heard rumor
that the EA412's were 10bT and BNC (10b5?), and never heard of
EA414's...  (Guess I could ask Tony.)

I need a replacement for my bad EA419.  (Thanks for trying Phil.)
It sucks enough juice to wipe out a 9VAC, 1.5A wall wart...  If I
knew what was wrong with it, I'd give it a whirl with my soldering
iron, but it's parts are surface mounted, and I'm a bit rusty at
soldering, so I figure I have one shot at fixing it and better know
what I'm doing when I try...

Jon Buller