Subject: gcc/libc binaries
To: None <port-pc532@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 08/29/1997 22:11:24
Could someone send me some binaries of libc and gcc made in the last couple of
weeks?  I tried upgrading from a July -current to a mid-August -current and
now get the following result:

jonb@bullbox[512]$ cd src/lib/libc
jonb@bullbox[513]$ make
cc -O -DNLS -DYP -DLIBC_SCCS -DSYSLIBC_SCCS -D_REENTRANT -I/home/jonb/src/lib/libc/include -D__DBINTERFACE_PRIVATE -DPOSIX_MISTAKE -DFLOATING_POINT  -Werror  -c /home/jonb/src/lib/libc/quad/fixdfdi.c
/var/tmp/cc23803a.s: Assembler messages:
/var/tmp/cc23803a.s:15: Fatal error:Wrong number of operands
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Sometimes I can get away with changing the -O flag to -O2, or eliminating it,
I've run into a few files where that only changed the line number of the
problem.  To verify that it's not a problem with gas, I added a -S flag,
and checked the line in question.  It was some sort of binary turd!

Anyway, I thought I'd start with a couple of small files, before I ask
someone for base.tar.gz and comp.tar.gz  (I did think about grabbing
the 1.2 release binary tar files, but the shared libraries would have
to be backed down, and most of the stuff from the attempted upgrade
has been linked with libc.so.12.17)

Jon Buller