Subject: Re: tty problems with Jan11 kernel
To: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@dachau.marco.de>
List: port-pc532
Date: 01/17/1997 09:32:18
Jon Buller wrote:
> Everythink looks OK when I boot, but I'm not sure what all the
> autoconfig system is supposed to do, so I won't say that wasn't
> it.  I do get a message very early on (second line?) that says
> something about not liking the symbol table, I could scan my message
> logs, or reboot if you want to see the boot messages.

That's because you didn't install a new boot program. The integration
of ddb showed that we had a small bug in boot.c that prevented the
preservation of the symboltable.

> I'm not sure which link I clobbered when I relinked /netbsd, 8-(
> but I think it was the one dated Aug 10, 1996, since I was running
> current, not 1.1,

Ok. Aug 10 was before I integrated Phil's improved driver. Could you
please try adding local/softcar keywords to your /etc/ttys? I don't have
terminals hanging from any port but the console port. It's not that easy
for me to change this. The console cable is an internal connection
between my i386 X-Terminal and my pc532 (both share one housing).

Matthias
--
leo@dachau.marco.de			in real life: Matthias Pfaller
marco GmbH, 85221 Dachau, Germany	tel: +49 8131 516142