Subject: Kernel building problems
To: None <port-pc532@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 01/10/1997 19:43:07
I've had this problem since sometime in November.  First I thought
that is was a half-commited change that would correct itself on
the next SUP.  Then when that didn't work, I thought it might be
include files, or a bogus file left around somehow.  But over the
last couple of days, I got a fresh clean SUP into a fresh clean
empty directory, and I still get this when I try to build:

cc  -O2 -msb -Werror -I. -I../../../../arch -I../../../.. -nostdinc -DEXEC_AOUT -DEXEC_SCRIPT -DSWAPPAGER -DVNODEPAGER -DDEVPAGER -DDDB -DKTRACE -DACCOUNTING -DFIFO -DLKM -DSETUIDSCRIPTS -DFFS -DMFS -DCD9660 -DNULLFS -DUMAPFS -DUNION -DPORTAL -DFDESC -DKERNFS -DPROCFS -DNFSSERVER -DNFSCLIENT -DGATEWAY -DINET -DPPP_BSDCOMP -DPPP_DEFLATE -DCOMDEF_SPEED="B9600" -DNS381 -DDEV_RTC -DMAXUSERS=8 -D_KERNEL  -c ioconf.c
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
ioconf.c:45: warning: excess elements in struct initializer after `cfdata[0]'
ioconf.c:47: warning: excess elements in struct initializer after `cfdata[1]'
ioconf.c:49: warning: excess elements in struct initializer after `cfdata[2]'
ioconf.c:51: warning: excess elements in struct initializer after `cfdata[3]'
ioconf.c:53: warning: excess elements in struct initializer after `cfdata[4]'
ioconf.c:55: warning: excess elements in struct initializer after `cfdata[5]'
ioconf.c:57: warning: excess elements in struct initializer after `cfdata[6]'
ioconf.c:59: warning: excess elements in struct initializer after `cfdata[7]'
ioconf.c:61: warning: excess elements in struct initializer after `cfdata[8]'
ioconf.c:63: warning: excess elements in struct initializer after `cfdata[9]'
*** Error code 1

Stop.

I tried taking out the -Werror flag once, but I just got a real
error later.  Perhaps my config file is messed up somehow.  Perhaps
my compiler is messed up somehow.  I don't think it's bad source
any more, I rebuilt make, reinstalled share/mk, did a make includes,
and I'm now wondering if I'll ever be able to build a kernel again.
Any suggestions, or do I need to expose my stupidity and ignorance
to all of current-users instead of just port-pc532?

Jon Buller