Subject: console problems while booting
To: None <port-pc532@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 08/01/1996 20:05:53
Could someone add the following code to sys/arch/pc532/dev/scnreg.h?

#ifdef PC532MONCOMPAT
#undef TTYDEF_CFLAG
#define TTYDEF_CFLAG (CREAD | CS8 | HUPCL)
#endif

The reason I ask, is that the monitor starts up this way anyway,
and I had to go hunting for the "strip high bits" on my mac program
when I brought it home from work.  The x86/Procomm setup didn't
care about it, but the Mac did.  This wasn't a big deal (the mac
comm program had a new pref for the pc532, all done) until I got
my SPARCStation ELC that I'm now using as a terminal, and guess
what I had to deal with all over again.  I suppose I could put
"stty -f /dev/tty0 cs8" at the top of /etc/rc, but this seems much
cleaner to me, and I don't want to be propagating mindless little
patches all the time.

What do you all think?
Jon Buller <jonb@metronet.com>