Subject: Re: pc532 console problems
To: None <port-pc532@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jon Buller <jonb@alfred.ons.octel.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 03/24/1995 16:05:44
Well, several things to report on.

First, my reply address should be jon.buller@ons.octel.com or
jonb@ons.octel.com  Unfortunately, the mail machine was recently hidden
behind a firewall, and the administrator didn't check if the mail was
going out right.

Second, I found that the proper flag to fix NetBSD with ZTerm is "stty
cs8" on the netbsd box.  The other alternative is to hunt down a "Strip
high bits" flag in ZTerm (under the "Terminal Options..." menu item)

I think this is pointing at the pc532 serial port being set at 8 bits,
and the tty driver running at 7 bits and not killing the 8th bit.  I
never have had this problem with other machines, so I always wondered
if cs7 or cs8 actually did anything.  I wonder if this should be
fixed?  I personally think that the tty driver should pad a 0 in if
needed rather than a whatever it is bit that it was putting in for me.
Other Opinions?

Thanks to Robbin and Stuart for their fingers pointing me in the right
direction to cover up this problem.  (I'd say solve, but I don't think
it is, so I'll just cover it up for now.)

Jon Buller <jonb@ons.octel.com> (with a badly broken mailer)