Subject: Compiling NetBSD
To: None <port-pc532@netbsd.org>
From: Jon Buller <jonb@ons.octel.com>
List: port-pc532
Date: 12/16/1994 09:45:39
OK, 1 quick question as I get started building sources.  Background: I
have unpacked all the binary tar.gz files.  I have also unpacked all
the *src10.tar.gz files from the source directory.  I got crypt.c and
installed it in the proper place. I then typed "make depend" while in
/usr/src.  After a bunch of mucking around it eventually stopped
complaining about being unable to make target _SUBDIRUSE.  I typed
"touch /usr/src/sys/arch/pc532/stand/_SUBDIRUSE" after a bit of poking
around, and the .depend file got created for the directory, and
everything appears to have gone smoothly since then, but I'd like to
know if anyone else has had this problem, and what's the REAL fix for
this, as I consider what I did to be a real dangerous and ugly kludge,
because I didn't want to spend a whole lot of time learning the
makefiles and how they include stuff from /usr/share/mk/*, etc.  I
would like to know this kind of information eventually, but for now, I
want to get a clean make so I have a known good starting place.

Jon Buller