Subject: X working well
From: Matthias Pfaller <leo@marco.de>
List: port-pc532
Date: 09/22/1994 10:25:12
Hi,

my libXt problem is a small compiler problem that I'll probably solve during
this weekend. As a fast fix I did a small but ugly patch to libXt to fool
gcc into generating the correct code. With the new shared libs all xclients
I tried (xterm, xman, xgas, ...) work ok. The performance over a 19200 slip
link is ok for xterm and xman, but it's just to slow for real graphics
(xgas for example). gnuplot works ok.

At the moment I have configured the Xterminal in the following way:

rc.local starts up X and initiates the sliplink to the 532.
Since the 532 is not up when I turn on the terminal I can't use
the -indirect or -query options of the Xserver. xdm on the 532 just has
an entry in Xservers to manage the Xterminal.

In the Xterminal's inittab I have an entry that starts a cu to my 532's console
port inside a xterm. This way I can boot the 532 with the Xterminal. The only
problem is that as soon as xdm starts and gets control it grabs the server
and I can't login on the console window if I'm not logged in via xdm.
Has anyone a solution for this?

	Thank's - Matthias