Subject: NetBSD Updates ....
To: None <port-pc532@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu>
From: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
List: port-pc532
Date: 05/17/1994 16:59:24
I just commited a large collection of changes to the src/sys/arch/pc532 tree.
After the sup update has run and you get the current copy, you should be able
to compile a new kernel.

*WARNING*: The kernel is still flakey!

*WARNING2*: Binaries built before April 29 are not likely to work under the
new kernel.  You will need to build new binaries to run under the new
kernel.

*WARNING3*: New binaries do not run well under older kernels :(

I'm running a May 2 kernel and the new binaries core dump under the
May 2 kernel.

*WARNING4*:  **MAKE SURE** you can recover your currently running state if
you try to "upgrade."

Once things settle down a bit and I have a nicely working system again,
I'll make a new binary snapshot.

Enjoy!
--Phil

P.S.  I'd like to move the NetBSD specific traffic to the NetBSD/pc532
mailing list.  Like Mach/pc532, NetBSD has a mailing list that allows it to
be discussed without sending message to all on the pc532@bungi.com list.

The list is "port-pc532@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu".  Send the message
"help" to "majordomo@sun-lamp.cs.berkeley.edu" for information on how
to subscribe.

I'd also recommend that people using NetBSD subscribe to "current-users@..."
because anyone using NetBSD/pc532 is a "current-user".  You will get
discussion on a much larger scale on what is happening with NetBSD.  And
often, things impact the pc532 port also.  (There is quite a bit of
i386 "noise", but it can be interesting to read.)