Subject: ufs boot for pc532 NetBSD
To: None <sverre@sst.nrel.gov>
From: Phil Nelson <phil@cs.wwu.edu>
List: port-pc532
Date: 05/11/1994 17:40:47
>1) Are you anticipating switching back to the standard scsi drivers
>soon (the ones in sys/scsi)?  Looking at the code it seems that the
>sys/scsi/sd.c would be simpler than the one in .../pc532 to modify
>for my scsi floppy but if its going to be a while, I guess I'll start
>with sd.c from .../pc532/scsi.

Yes, as soon as I get some other stuff fixed ... and then find time to
figure out what config.new does for auto-configuration ... and then
implement it.

>2) swapinfo still fails and I suspect a compiler error.  It looks
>like arguments to malloc are being passed incorrectly.  Then, if I
>bypass that problem I get the error message:

I haven't had any problem!

>---->/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin
>steelhead[50]# swapinfo
>Device     512-blocks    Used   Avail Capacity
>/dev/sd0b       21800     104   21696       0%

>3) I too have started to get fsck error of the type
>UNREF FILE I=649  OWNER=bin MODE=100555
>SIZE=108418 MTIME=Apr 30 20:57 1994
>CLEAR? no

I haven't.

>PS Were you able to get groff working?
not to the point where it will read the DESC file.  I haven't spent
much time on it.

I'm close to have a running kernel again ... and when I catch up
with -current, I hope to start work on the config.new stuff.

--Phil