Subject: running NetBSD-current inside PSIM: malloc() problem
To: NetBSD ofppc port <port-ofppc@netbsd.org>
From: Nicolas Ollinger <nollinge@ens-lyon.fr>
List: port-ofppc
Date: 07/23/2003 16:30:05
Hi,

I am currently playing with NetBSD/ofppc under PSIM. In fact I am
cross-building the system from a GNU/Linux/x86 machine and running PSIM
from that machine.

Basic stuff seem to work well: I can boot and launch /rescue/init, mount
the root filesystem, etc. But I need some clue to be able to go further
(my goal is to setup a fully featured running toy NetBSD system for
demonstration purpose).

Problems appear when I try to use dynamically linked ELF binary that try
to use malloc() from libc! Typical error message is:

      XXXX in malloc(): error: recursive call.

where XXXX is the name of the running program.

Any idea where that strange behavior may come from?

I put all necessary files to experiment with that and some logs of the
typical behavior along with details of my build process at the following
http://www.ens-lyon.fr/~nollinge/netbsd_psim/

Thanks in advance for your help,
Nicolas.