Subject: Re: next86k bootp hangs
To: Jaime A Fournier <ober@linbsd.org>
From: Cory Bajus <cbajus@mts.net>
List: port-next68k
Date: 10/24/2006 11:53:37
I'm not sure if this is related, but I've found that the NeXT firmware
does not respond to ARP requests from the boot server.  For me, it fails
after receiving the bootp reply but before tftp'ing the bootloader.  The
fix is to add a permanent arp entry on the boot server (assuming they are
on the same subnet) with 'arp -s <ipaddr> <etheraddr>'.