Subject: Re: Binary packages for NetBSD/m68k 3.0 w/ pkgsrc-2006Q1
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Bjarne =?iso-8859-1?Q?B=E4ckstr=F6m?= <bjarne.backstrom@hjomail.se>
List: port-next68k
Date: 05/11/2006 12:59:19
On Thu, 11 May 2006 05:10:18 -0500, Tim & Alethea Larson
<thelarsons3@cox.net> wrote:

>Greg Oster wrote:
[...]
>> And no, I havn't tested any of these... the only thing tested during
>> this build was my patience for m68k boxes :)
>
>This is definitely appreciated!

   Me three!

> We haven't seen binary packages in a
>long time.  Too bad that SCSI issue in 3.0 on mac68k will likely prevent
>anybody from using these.  (Any other m68k people seeing this?)

   I did check out 3.0 briefly on a IIsi with 17MB of RAM. I didn't see any
problems with the SCSI, but had to start up the Mac with extensions off,
otherwise NetBSD would hang at booting. Other than that, I can't remember
that I saw any serious problems with 3.0.
--
Regards,
/Bjarne.