Subject: Re: next68k port status?
To: None <port-next68k@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-next68k
Date: 10/15/2003 19:40:13
>> The biggest issue is that most of their filesystems are formatted
>> with 1024 byte sectors.
> Who are they?  ... with the 1024 byte sectors?  I couldn't tell if
> you were talking about NeXT or MacOS.

Well, I used to run a NeXT with NeXT's OS, and its disk was indeed set
up with 1024-byte sectors.

I also have a Mac IIci.  I don't know what it may do by default, but
it's certainly content to run with 512-byte sectors; my NetBSD/mac68k
install boots to MacOS first, then runs a small booter program that
starts NetBSD.  Both MacOS and NetBSD use the same disk, and it's got
512-byte sectors.  (What memory I have of what MacOS version it uses is
very fuzzy, but that memory says it's System 7.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign