Subject: Re: next68k port status?
To: None <port-next68k@NetBSD.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: port-next68k
Date: 10/15/2003 17:06:49
--T5F8Mpu1Sg8jtYtl

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 09:03:02PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> I don't know, what's the problem with mac68k ?

mac68ks lose a massive amount of time during disk access, because
clock interrupts are at a lower--or the same?--priority as I/O
interrupts, so they get postponed till after the I/O is done. My
understanding is that this is true under any OS, but Mac OS shows it
a bit less by cheating and guessing how long it took to do a disk
access.

> Here the date is always in 1932 when booting (which breacks a lot of thin=
gs,
> because it's a negative time_t)

You sure that's not just a dead clock battery?

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net

--T5F8Mpu1Sg8jtYtl