Subject: Re: Hardware Issues with a NeXT Station N1100
To: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
From: Ronald C.F.Antony <rcfa@cubiculum.com>
List: port-next68k
Date: 06/02/2003 10:30:52
On Monday, Jun 2, 2003, at 07:39 America/New_York, David Wetzel wrote:
>> I think all non-turbo
>> NeXT systems are non-ADB, and the early turbo systems may be non-ADB,
>> as
>> well.
>
> There are Non-Turbo Systems with ADB keyboard and mouse.
> I own a Non-ADB Turbo too.

Interesting. I thought they had stopped making non-turbo systems by
the time they introduced the ADB based systems. Guess not..

>> Only the systems with the funky new keyboad (command bar and green
>> power key)
>> and the Mickey-Mouse-like mouse are ADB, everything else is non-ADB.
>
> True. I like the old keyboard and the new mouse ;-)

I have the opposite preference: I liked the old mouse, and the looks
of the old keyboard, but I prefer the command bar and I like that I
don't accidentally hit the power button on the new keyboards...

Ronald