Subject: Hardware Issues with a NeXT Station N1100
To: None <port-next68k@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Rabade - MiG <mig@mig-29.net>
List: port-next68k
Date: 06/02/2003 01:20:16
A friend of me find a buch of NeXT's in a junkie yard of computers
here in Mexico, he give one to antoher friend who now give me it =)

I am very happy to have one of these, i an really want to try NetBSD
on it =P.

So, i have to couple of cuestions to start:

I have only the Monitor and the Case (witout cables and Hard Disk) and
other friend have an Apple LC II (contemporany of the NeXT) and
i have seen that in some pages who sell NeXT hardware they said that
sell keyboards/mouse with ADB (Apple Desktop Bus or something like
that) that work with NeXT's, anyone have used a keyboard from an
apple in the NeXT ??

If the keyboard of the apple dont work i will try to use it without
monitor and use it with a serial console cable to install NetBSD,
the NeXT BIOS automaticaly opens a consle on the serial ??? or
what i have to do ?.

The Harddisk that i will use that one from the Apple LC II (a
SCSI disk very similar to the ones that i have seen in
photographs of the NeXT).

I dont have yet the hardware from the Apple, but i would be
very glad if someone tells me that is going to work, or not.

Sorry for the Bad English and Thanks a lot.