Subject: Re: X server (and more)
To: Daniel =?iso-8859-1?Q?D=EDaz?= <al590349@mail.mty.itesm.mx>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-next68k
Date: 10/16/2002 21:43:38
On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 12:15:48AM -0500, Daniel Díaz wrote:
> Is there an X server for any other version? I was kinda excited about my slab
> running at last an X server!

Well, I would be happy too. But exept der mouse's paches (which needs to
be ported to 1.6) there's nothing yet.

> Also, i've been through a discovering phase with my new netbsd. I have a few
> questions.
> First of all, how can I put the caps lock on? The Command-Shift combination
> doesn't work at all (and pressing Control, as in a PC keyboard, won't help!).
>
> Then, I get a "panic" (is it a kernel panic?) every day. I don't know if this is

It's a kernel panic. Can you give more details ?

> due to the fact of leaving the next compiling all day long (is there a place
> with binaries??)

Not yet. But maybe someone is building them

> And then, sometimes when I boot my next, I get loads of errors like this one:
> isrdispatch_autovec: stray level 3 interrupt
>   *intrstat = 0x100<SCSI>
>   *intrmask =
> 0x98027648<NMI,ENETX_DMA,ENETR_DMA,SCC,DSP_4,DISK|C16_VIDEO,SCSI,ENETX,ENETR,DSP_3,KYBD_MOUSE>
>
> until the debugger comes in and I must reboot. The same thing will happen again
> and again until I reset my computer with the Alternate-Command-* combo; then it
> will boot happily. Is it very wrong?

It's probably an issue with the SCSI controller, which is not well supported
in 1.6 (much better in current).

> And my clock loses 3000 days every time I reboot. Battery issue?

I have the same issue. I think it's the kernel not properly reading the
date.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>