Subject: Re: X server
To: None <port-next68k@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-next68k
Date: 10/16/2002 18:40:13
>> No, but check mail archives for unofficial release.  Look for posts
>> from "der Mouse" (to make your life easier, check the June archive).
> Yes, I've seen this.  But there is a kernel patch too, which needs to
> be ported to 1.6 (if I remember properly this patch is for 1.4T)

You remember correctly.

But it could also be done the other way: the userland side could be
made to use the appropriate wscons interface, whatever it is.  (I have
no idea what it is, or I would have done so myself.  1.4T is sadly
lacking in wscons documentation, and IIRC I had a gander at UTSLing but
got lost fast enough that I figured it was easier to add the interface
I needed than to figure out wscons enough to use it.  One of the
downsides of being good at coding, I suppose.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign