Subject: Re: Updates
To: Charles Hannum <abuse@spamalicious.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: port-next68k
Date: 09/11/2002 21:14:17
On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 02:58:02AM +0000, Charles Hannum wrote:

> So I checked in Christian Limpach's bug fixes for SCSI and Turbo
> support.  I also made some changes to allow the same boot block and
> kernel to work on both turbo and non-turbo machines, so there is no
> longer a need to build two sets.  I also fixed some problems in the
> console driver.
>
> I've done some testing, and can verify that with these changes I was
> able to netboot both a mono slow slab and a color turbo slab.
> (Unfortunately, my mono turbo slab is not here, and my color slow slab
> seems to be defective -- it can't pass self-test.)
>
> There are some caveats, though:
>
> 1) I didn't have any SCSI drives handy to test, so the SCSI support
>    may or may not work.  Please let me know either way, but especially
>    if it does.

I can test the kernel and boot blocks.

> 2) On my color turbo, with the SCSI driver enabled, the kernel wedges
>    in a loop printing `esp0: SCSI bus reset' during autoconfig.  I
>    haven't looked at this.

I also get this on my ... well I don't know what it is exactly. It's a
B&W monitor, with a pizza box UC.
I get this when nothing it connected to the internal SCSI bus.
with something connected it works. I suspect it's a terminator
issue, there may not be one on the internal bus.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>