Subject: Re: Updates
To: None <port-next68k@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Hannum <abuse@spamalicious.com>
List: port-next68k
Date: 09/11/2002 13:42:09
> 2) On my color turbo, with the SCSI driver enabled, the kernel wedges
>    in a loop printing `esp0: SCSI bus reset' during autoconfig.  I
>   haven't looked at this.

The looping `esp0: SCSI bus reset' problem is not specific to the
NeXT, as it turns out.  I still don't know whether SCSI works with
devices plugged in.

> 3) On the turbo, I get `xe0: discarding oversize frame (len=1519)'
>    periodically (always with the same `len'), and network access seems
>    to be slower than I would expect.  It definitely feels slow than
>    the non-turbo slab.  I suspect something is still wrong here.
>
> 4) On the turbo, the boot block sometimes (well, really more often
>    than not) aborts loading with `enintr: timed out'.

Both of these are actually caused by the same problem: sometimes an
extra byte is stuffed at the front of a received frame, which causes
it to be discarded, and -- if it was a maximum-size packet to begin
with -- oversized.  I've fixed the boot block so it will retransmit,
which sidesteps the problem.