Subject: Re: restart - Re: turbo support...
To: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
From: Brian Willoughby <brianw@sounds.wa.com>
List: port-next68k
Date: 07/23/2002 12:43:58
I found mention of the ADB emergency restart key sequence in "NeXTSTEP NETWORK
AND SYSTEM ADMINISTRATION" - it's
left-Alt + Command-bar + * (on the numeric keypad)

Begin forwarded message:

On the old-style keyboards, the sequence was
left-Alt + left-Command + * (on the numeric keypad)

All but the very earliest Turbos came with an ADB keyboard, though, and I did
not get any manuals with my Turbo machines, so I'm not quite sure how the key
sequence for hard reset was transformed.  I could hunt around on this keyboard,
but I wouldn't want to upset my hard drive with a hard reset :-)
I think it's basically the same, but the Command key may have moved.

Brian Willoughby
Sound Consulting

Begin forwarded message:

[...] I can't break into the ROM Monitor with
Command-Command-`, and the power key doesn't do anything either. I have
to unplug the power and plug it back in... (I'm not familiar with NeXTs
though; perhaps there's some other way to force a reset that I don't
know of :)