Subject: Re: turbo support...
To: Christian Limpach <chris@Pin.LU>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: port-next68k
Date: 07/23/2002 14:24:13
Okay, I was able to download the files... thanks!

On Sun, 21 Jul 2002, Christian Limpach wrote:
> The kernel has serial console on port A.

I tried it on a NeXTstation Turbo (monochrome) and got to "Check serial
port A for console". However, I don't see anything on serial port A.
What baud rate should I use? I've tried 9600 8N1 and 19200 8N1.

As far as I can tell, the machine completely locks up after printing
that message; I can't break into the ROM Monitor with
Command-Command-`, and the power key doesn't do anything either. I have
to unplug the power and plug it back in... (I'm not familiar with NeXTs
though; perhaps there's some other way to force a reset that I don't
know of :)
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 26 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++